How important are hunters for Alabama’s economy?
Hunting specifically supports thousands of jobs, both rural and urban, across the state of Alabama, and our goal is to provide a unified voice for all of these stakeholders. Hunting Works For Alabama will monitor public policy decisions and weigh in on hunting-related issues that impact Alabama jobs.
$1.1 billion spent annually.
- 535,000 people hunt in Alabama each year.
- Of those hunters, 44,000 are from out of state.
- Alabama hunters spend $405 million on trip-related expenditures.
- Hunters in Alabama spend over $357 million on hunting equipment.
- Each hunter spends an average of $1,700 a year in Alabama.
- Hunter spending translates to nearly $613 million in salaries and wages.
- Hunting in Alabama supports over 27,000 Alabama jobs.
- Hunters pay $104 million in state and local taxes.
$1.8 billion ripple effect.