How important are hunters for Michigan’s economy?
Hunting specifically supports thousands of jobs, both rural and urban, across the state of Michigan, and our goal is to provide a unified voice for all of these stakeholders. Hunting Works For Michigan will monitor public policy decisions and weigh in on hunting-related issues that impact Michigan jobs.
$2.3 billion spent annually.
- 529,000 people hunt in Michigan each year.
- Of those hunters, 28,000 are from out of state.
- Michigan hunters spend $271 million on trip-related expenditures.
- Hunters in Michigan spend over $1.3 billion on hunting equipment. Each hunter spends an average of $4,400 a year in Michigan.
- Hunter spending translates to nearly $1.2 billion in salaries and wages.
- Hunting in Michigan supports over 34,400 Michigan jobs.
- Hunters pay $289 million in state and local taxes.
$3.9 billion ripple effect.