HUNTING IS PART OF MINNESOTA’S CULTURE
- 477,000 people hunt in Minnesota each year.
- 5.5 million days are spent hunting in Minnesota.
HUNTING SUPPORTS MINNESOTA’S ECONOMY
- Hunters support over 12,400 jobs in Minnesota.
- Hunting generates $417 million in salaries and wages.
- Yearly spending by hunters in Minnesota is $733 million.
- The average Minnesota hunter spends $1,500 each year.
HUNTING IS A KEY SOURCE OF TAX REVENUE
- Hunters generate $93 million in taxes for the State of Minnesota.
- Minnesota hunters pay $106 million in federal taxes.
MINNESOTA HUNTING: THE BOTTOM LINE
- The total ripple effect from hunting in Minnesota is $1.3 BILLION.
- 2011 National Survey of Fishing, Hunting, and Wildlife-Associated Recreation (U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service)
- America’s Hunting Heritage: Fueling the American Economy (The Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation)
- Hunting in America: An Economic Force for Conservation (Southwick Associates. Produced for the National Shooting Sports Foundation in partnership with the Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies)