How important are hunters for New York’s economy?
Hunting specifically supports thousands of jobs, both rural and urban, across the state of New York, and our goal is to provide a unified voice for all of these stakeholders. Hunting Works For New York will monitor public policy decisions and weigh in on hunting-related issues that impact New York jobs.
$2.3 billion spent annually.
- 823,000 people hunt in New York each year.
- Of those hunters, 84,000 are from out of state.
- New York hunters spend $810 million on trip-related expenditures.
- Hunters in New York spend $484 million on hunting equipment.
- Each hunter spends an average of $1,900 a year in New York.
- Hunter spending translates to nearly $1.2 billion in salaries and wages.
- Hunting in New York supports over 23,700 New York jobs.
- Hunters generate $290 million in state and local taxes.
$3.6 billion ripple effect.