How important are hunters for Oregon’s economy?
Hunting specifically supports thousands of jobs, both rural and urban, across the state of Oregon, and our goal is to provide a unified voice for all of these stakeholders. Hunting Works For Oregon will monitor public policy decisions and weigh in on hunting-related issues that impact Oregon jobs.
$248 million spent annually.
- 196,000 people hunt in Oregon each year.
- Of those hunters, 15,000 are from out of state.
- Oregon hunters spend $83 million on trip-related expenditures.
- Hunters in Oregon spend $134 million on hunting equipment.
- Each hunter spends an average of $1,200 a year in Oregon.
- Hunter spending translates to $132 million in salaries and wages.
- Hunting in Oregon supports 3,700 Oregon jobs.
- Hunters generate $27 million in state and local taxes.