HUNTING IS PART OF PENNSYLVANIA’S CULTURE
- Nearly 1 million people hunt in Pennsylvania each year.
- 18.2 million days are spent hunting in Pennsylvania.
HUNTING SUPPORTS PENNSYLVANIA’S ECONOMY
- Hunters support over 15,000 jobs in Pennsylvania.
- Hunting generates $529 million in salaries and wages.
- Hunters in Pennsylvania spend $986 million annually.
- The average Pennsylvania hunter spends $1,260 each year.
HUNTING IS A KEY SOURCE OF TAX REVENUE
- Hunters generate $121 million in state and local taxes.
- Pennsylvania hunters generate more than $136 million in federal taxes.
PENNSYLVANIA HUNTING: THE BOTTOM LINE
- The total ripple effect from hunting in Pennsylvania is $1.6 BILLION.
- 2011 National Survey of Fishing, Hunting, and Wildlife-Associated Recreation (U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service)
- America’s Hunting Heritage: Fueling the American Economy (The Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation)
- Hunting in America: An Economic Force for Conservation (Southwick Associates. Produced for the National Shooting Sports Foundation in partnership with the Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies)